Bases Series Nostrum Altea 2020.
1. General Conditions. To participate in the First Nostrum Series of Altea Fiction Series 2020, the series must meet the following requirements:
- All projects not premiered on a television in Spain or not available on a VOD platform will be accepted on the date of the festival.
- New seasons of series already broadcast on television or available on VOD platforms, except those of anthology format are not accepted.
- They will be able to participate, series that, at the time of the screening at the festival, have a broadcast contract for television and / or VOD platforms but that this is later than the festival.
- Film schools, universities, natural and legal persons accrediting possession of the rights of the work presented may attend.
- In case the original language is neither Valencian nor Spanish, the chapter must include subtitles in either of these two languages.
- The first and second chapter of the series will take place, but not the ‘teaser chapter’ or the pilot chapter of the series or webseries.
- The jury will evaluate the episodes shown within the festival to determine the prizes of the Official Section. However, the full season or any additional material deemed appropriate may be made available to you.
- The maximum duration of the chapters may not exceed 120 minutes.
- The selected series authorize the entities that organize it to use a fragment or several fragments of their work for dissemination as informative material in any media. These fragments can never represent more than 10% of the work.
2. Deadline for submission and Registration:
- a. Series will be accepted from December 19th, 2019 until 11:59 p.m. on February 23rd, 2020.
- b. The organization reserves the right to extend the submission deadline.
- c. Registration can be formalized through the Festhome portal, at this address, and costs € 10.
3. Documentation, if the series has been selected.
- a. The organization will notify participants at the end of February that they have been selected to participate in the official section through the contact person listed on Festhome.
- b. The selected series must provide
- One (1) series poster and three (3) TIFF format promotional photos
- A short synopsis
- A season plot synopsis
- A list of cast and chief department heads
- A video file in FULL HD in mov format and encoded in H264.
- The selected series will be screened in the section of the official section in the Nostrum Altea 2020 Series.
- a. The official jury will award 6 (six) prizes:
- Best Series, Best Music, Best Screenplay, Best Direction, Best Performance, Special Jury Mention.
- b. The special jury will award 1 (one) prize:
- Best short format series
5. Selection and jury
- The selection will be given by the organizers and the decision is unappealable.
- The Jury will be made up of audiovisual professionals and sponsoring institutions of the festival.
- An unfinished project can be presented if the assembly is very advanced and it is certain that the final version of the chapter will be sent to the organizers for the closing of the official section in the last week of March 2020. (It must be Notify the platform that the version is a ‘work in progress‘).
- The prizes of the competition category may not, unless in the case of special mention of the jury, declare themselves deserted.
- The organization reserves the right to select any of the series presented and non-finalists, to invite you to participate in any of the parallel sections.
- All series registered in the official section will have a temporary space to promote the series in the festival.
- The prizes will be announced during the Closing Gala of the Nostrum Altea 2020 Series
7. Additional Provisions
- These participation bases may be completed prior to the start date of the official section and prior communication to interested parties with as many annexes as the organization deems appropriate.
- The registration of a series in the official section implies acceptance and compliance with these participation rules and their possible annexes.
An initiative designed and organized by Fuera de Series Producciones.